ATTENDANCE & PUNCTUALITY
Regular school attendance is a major factor contributing to student success. The responsibility of regular attendance lies with the student and the parent/guardian. Excusable absences will be those during which students are participating in alternate school initiated field trips. All other absences fall under explained absences which will be excused provided the student is absent for legitimate reasons such as illness, medical emergency, family tragedy, or if parent(s)/guardian(s) have informed administration of extenuating circumstances surrounding the need for the student to be absent.
If a student is absent for illness, medical, or other reasons, parents or guardians are expected to communicate this information (phone call or signed note) to the school before 10:00 am on the following day or the student will be recorded with an unexcused absence. If a student is more than 15 minutes late to a class they are considered absent for that class.
DISCIPLINE POLICY/CODE OF CONDUCT
The school’s primary concern is to provide and support a safe and positive learning environment for everyone and thus has developed a Code of Conduct to define expectations of behavior for students, staff, and parents/guardians.
Consequences for inappropriate behavior will be based on individual needs, the degree of the problem, and the ability of the person to understand and handle the consequences.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE STUDENTS
- Attend school regularly and punctually
- Make the most of the time in school: strive for academic excellence through classroom participation.
- Show common courtesy and respect to all; defiance of authority, abusive language and aggressive behavior are unacceptable at all times.
- Behave respectfully to all regardless of race, religion, gender, age, or sexual orientation.
- Solve conflicts peacefully through discussion or by seeking help.
- Dress appropriately for classes and activities.
- Respect yourself, school property, and the property of others.